IOZK Immun-Onkologisches Zentrum Koln
- We utilize the potential of the patient's immune system to fight the growth of the tumour cells.
- We use the patient's own tumour antigens (tumour cell material) as the tumour antigens are unique to a patient and their tumour.
- We work with the patient's own immune cells (dendritic cells) that inform the immune system.
- We make use of an oncolytic virus that replicates in tumour cells only, not in nomal healthy human cells. This leads to the tumour cells being marked for a targeted immune system attack.
- We optimise the individual patient's supply of micronutrients and vitamins to enhance the body's immune system, Further oncolytic procedures, such as hyperthermia, are employed as indicated by the patient's condition.
- Through combining our anti-tumour vaccination with checkpoint inhibitors, we open up new possibilities for treating advanced tumours.
- We use an oncolytic virus which only replicates in tumour cells and does not affect healthy human cells. Through this the tumour cells are specifically marked for an attack by the immune system.
|Initial immunological oncological diagnostic||3 500 €||Enquire price|
|Follow-up immunological oncological diagnostics||450 €||Enquire price|
1985 Establishment of a network for ambulatory therapy of AIDS patients
1996 Foundation of a working group for complementary tumor therapy
2000 Foundation of a working group for immuno-oncological therapies
2002 Founding of today’s IOZK working group for the development of immuno-oncological therapies
2004 Opening of a cleanroom laboratory for active specific immunotherapy for the development and production of dendritic cells
2015 Obtaining the first GMP fabrication license for oncolytic viruses in Europe
2015 Obtaining the first GMP fabrication license for dendritic cells with autologous tumor antigens in combination oncolytic virus (NDV) in Europe
Diploma in Biochemistry PhD in Immunology
Stipend for Postdoc research in Stockholm, Sweden
Senior Research Fellow in London, UK
Head of Division Cellular Immunology at DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Appointment to Ordinarius at the University Heidelberg Scientific Director of Tumorimmunology at IOZK, Cologne Awards
Aronson Award 1982 Meyenburg Award, 1982 German Cancer Award, 1988 Scientific Community
President of SEK, German Cancer Association President of the International „Metastasis Research Society” President of the „European Association of Applied Immunology e.V.”
Basic science in biochemistry, metastasis research, cellular immunology and tumor immunology
Adoptive immunotherapy studies with cancer-reactive memory T cells from bone marrow
Preclinical studies in animal tumor models and with human immune cells and tumor cells
Clinical studies of post-operative active-specific immunotherapy in various human carcinomas Multimodal immunotherapy at IOZK, Single case studies
Degree of “geaggregeerde voor het hoger onderwijs”, 19/12/1994
Pediatric hemato-oncology, certificate in Belgium since 31/07/1996
Facharzt fur Kinder-und Jugendmedizin, certificate in Germany since 09/03/2016
Clinical staff Pediatric Oncology from June 1996 till March 2015
Professor at the KU Leuven between october 1996 and October 2016
Senior clinical investigator at the Fund for Scientific Research Belgium from October 2001 till September 2016 Medical director of translational oncology at the IOZK from September 2015
10 international and 8 Belgian scientific awards Scientific community
European high grade glioma working group coordinator July 2005 till June 2009
Co-Chair of SIOPE Brain Tumor Group July 2014 till June 2017 Member of the Health Supreme Court in Belgium 2008 till 2012
155 international peer-reviewed scientific publications Experience
Pediatric hemato-oncology with focus on neuro-oncology Basic science preclinical research in the domain of tumor immunology
Translational immuno-oncology for adults and children with solid tumors or brain tumors
Multimodal immunotherapy for adults and children with solid tumors or brain tumors
|Specialist in General Medicine|
Cooperation with IOZK since 2002
Cooperation with IOZK laboratory since 2012
Specialist in General Medicine
Qualfied Person (German Medicines Act)
|Co-author of scientific publications Specialty: Specialist in General Medicine|
comprehensive training in internal medicine, surgery, emergency and intensive medicine
Almost 20 years in ambulatory patient care, expert opinion activity
We will contact you within 15 minutes